July 2020 has been an unusual month for Back to Jerusalem. Even though the coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the ability of missionaries to travel, this might be the busiest July we have ever had.
Usually, summer time is slower when it comes to ministry activities. Many Chinese factories have fewer orders as their western customers take time off. By the end of the summer, the Chinese are usually taking time to prepare for the beginning of the school semester in August, but July 2020 has been different. The coronavirus hit and we are busier than we have ever been.
Here are just a few of the activities that we have going on this month:
- 2.5k electronic Bibles produced for missions in Africa
- Launching new businesses in Iraq
- Supporting new businesses in India
- Bible distribution in Iran
- Providing undisclosed aid for North Korea (in conjunction with 30 days of prayer)
- Solidified new casing for pill-sized hologram Bible
- Developing new audio Bible
- Recording audio Bible for Bhutan
- Support scholarship for missionary program in U.A.E.
- Training for BTJ missionaries in undisclosed Middle Eastern Nation
- Providing children books for orphanage in Asian nation
- Dove training in India
These projects do not include the ongoing work that is currently taking place in China: the support of 210 evangelists, Bible printing, production of 300k multi-media units for 15 of the most unreached cities in China, missionary training centers, language training centers, and ‘Business As Mission’ projects.
This is only possible because of the support of BTJ partners that are praying for the mission and supporting the vision.
For the month of July 2020, the number of GateKeepers increased to numbers that have rarely been seen before. GateKeepers are supporters who stand with the BTJ vision on a monthly basis and make monthly commitments to help complete the Great Commission.
The world economy has taken a huge hit this year, but amazingly, that has not stopped Christians from around the world from responding to the call to complete the Great Commission in our life time.
Every week, our team inside of China expresses their gratitude to the partners and supporters outside. At Back to Jerusalem we want to send a heartfelt thank you.